George Washington House, Bladensburg
69-005-02 (NR) 4302 Baltimore Avenue
Built circa 1760—The George Washington House is a
2˝-story, side-gabled brick structure, with a two-story porch and a
rear wing of frame construction. It was built originally as a store,
part of a commercial complex which included a tavern and a
blacksmith shop. In the mid-nineteenth century, the building was
converted to serve as a tavern, a use that continued for
approximately a century. It presently houses offices. It is an
important landmark in the Bladensburg community.
The Anacostia Watershed Society has nearly completed an extensive
restoration and adaptive reuse project including restoration of the
main brick structure and front porches.
Congressional District 4 -
Legislative District 47 - Council District 5